Saturday, January 17, 2009

There's something wrong with the Fridge

I finally have a weekend to myself in which I'm not sick in bed. So I had the entire weekend planned out and for once I would like it to go as I planned it. J and I have the strangest shared parenting plan but it works! Every three days for three days I have the kids and vice versa' which give us each two weekends in a row with (or without them' however you want to see it) and one weekend shared. I know it's confusing, but in my life confusing is the only thing that works.

Friday night was suppose to be drinks with the girl from work and some of her class mates. I was looking forward to meeting new people. Well it ended up just her and I and a classmate and her friend. So the four of us met at and soon left the Dublin Pub due to lack of seating, anyone who could catch an eye and a poor bad. They brave souls that we are, we decided to walk through the Oregon District to find a bar with a little more life. So that I don't bore you, it ended up being the four of us and a couple drinks and good converstaion and then we all headed home. Not a complete wash for Friday night so no complaints (except for the below zero temps we walked in.)

So plans for Saturday: Laundry, O's basketball game, clean, dinner at the Moose with my step brother-Dad-and step mom, and someone said something about cuddling *he has no name yet since I haven't heard from him since Thursday*!

Upon returning home Friday night I enter to find the MOST horendous smell! WTF? Now what did the munchkins hide? Too many times before I've smelled things I could have gone my whole life without because of those two but that's part of being a Mom right? So I start searching and just can't figure it out. I say screw it and am about to just fix a drink, catch up on some blogs and then catch up on some well needed sleep! It's then I found it!

The Captain Morgans comes from the freezer quite warm! OH NO Are you kidding me?!?! Yeah I open the fridge to get the Coke and there's the smell! Spoiled Soy Milk, Chicken so warm Ithink it fermented somehow and brown veggies. This morning it was cold in there! If I woud have know it was going out I would have hauled the damn thing on the porch before work!

So Saturday is just pissing me off! I've missed O's game and laundry is delayed because I have to wait on the repair man. Really? Why? I can tell you the damn thing doesn't work!! Just get a new one over here before Monday when the kids come home so I can stick to what MY plans are!!! I'm not asking much and I pay my rent on time too!

My Mom reminds me at least once a week that "If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!" God love her she always points it out and just once I want to call her to vent and hear her say something like "those bastards, how dare they" or some sort of foul mouthed antic letting me know she feels my frustration!

So now let's see if I can make the rest of the weekend go as I want. Sunday's plans involve working to reclaim one of my sick days and going out with my sister!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you need to do a post updating this post. :) We need to figure out a blog name for R. =)
Have fun tonight BUT not TOO much fun!