Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Too Many Thoughts at Once...Scatter-Brained!

There are so many thoughts in my head right now I'm not sure where to begin. I have a "retreat" tomorrow for work. I use the word retreat very loosely because I feel it will turn moreso into a massacre. I love my job and the people I work with. The work is somewhat confusing at times, very chaotic and detailed to say the least, but I feel that's why I like it so much. I believe if all my coworkers go into this with an open mind and not taking things personally than we will come out with better communication and effectiveness to do our work and meet deadlines. However, I know my coworkers and it's going to be a massacre. All this comes after too many outbursts and yelling matches. We need this and I feel some don't see it that way! Let's hope management has the same ideas as I do!



Moving sucks, but I've done it yet again. everytime it's a step up and I'm very proud of that. Next time though I hope it's for good. I love my new apartment. It's older and has a lot of cracks and imperfections. That's exactly why I love it though, it has character. This weekend I should be getting a bed. YAY! It'll be the first time in two years I've had a bed of my own. No more sleeping on the couch or floor for me! Somehow I think most night I may still end up on the couch out of habit. The down fall about the apartment is that it is upstairs but it's in my price range and has so much more room, plus it's closer to work for the days I go straight to the base and not to our corporate office. It already feels like home though and that's a feeling I haven't felt since I moved out of my Mom's house.



I'm missing my kids a lot right now. It should be my day but there was more moving to be done and work I had to get done as well. So I traded their Dad today for Thursday. We have probably the strangest shared parenting plan, but it works. Every three days we have them for three days. Last night was my night and I must say everyday it's somethign new. Kk was ... well all girl yet again. Throwing temper tantrums and saying no so she ended up in bed early. SShe didn't stop screaming for an hour though. She is full of meanness. Lil man on the other hand, he was perfect. He definately is a "Momma's Boy". He'll tell you that too, he's proud of it. He ate all his dinner (even the veggies), helped me clean the kitchen up, jabbering the whole time about his day which I treasure. He then watched a movie while I unpacked and tried to entertain Kk. When I said it was bedtime he picked all his toys up, climbed into bed and gave me hugs and kisses. I did find him sleeping next to me this morning but at least I got him to fall asleep in his bed!



Well even though I could type forever, there are things yet to be done. Let's see if I can squeeze in one more trip between apartments and at least an hour at the gym. Though I have a feeling the gym is going to have to wait just a few more days for me to get back to my routine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are movin' on up! You have done a great job getting your life back on track and I am so proud :)

Lindsey said...

You're moving in the right direction girl! Keep working hard. Hugs.