Thursday, December 18, 2008

Baby Girl


Today was our visit to the doctor to go over KK's kidney problems. For the first time in two years they actually explained what was wrong. (I love her new doctor) It's called reflux. Kind of like acid reflux but in her kidneys. Instead of urine coming out of the kidneys and into her bladder it travels back up into her kidneys, which is very bad for so many reasons. She has stage 2 which isn't horrible.

So now we are taking her off her bactrium that she has been on for two years now and repeating her renal ultrasound and VCUG. This is the part I HATE! The ultrasound isn't bad it's the VCUG that breaks me everytime! While laying on the x-ray table they will cath her and shoot dye into her kidneys and try to snap a x-ray quickly. LAst time this took over an hour with my baby girl screaming and wanting to be held the entire time. I was in tears and just wanted it all to be done.

So now we wait. I should hear before Christmas when her tests will be repeated. Once we have the results we will know if it has improved at all or if we are being sent to the Urologist possibly to discuss a kidney transplant. Yeah, that's the part that has me terrified! Let's hope this is over quickly and the test results come back better than ever!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh girl. I am so sorry to hear that KK is having kidney problems! You're in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

She is a tough cookie though :)