Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Stuck In the "Dungeon" (as I now call it)

OK so I don't want to be at work in the first place! BUT to get paid for Christmas and the 26th I have to be here today! It's alright though because we are in a billing cycle and I have too much work to do! HOWEVER, we have no computers! UGH Being that I work in our satelite office on base, it takes the internet working properly here on base and at our corporate office as well. Needless to say the internet at corporate is down.

No, I don't mind getting paid for nothing, but it makes for a very slow day and makes me fear next week as well. Billing has timelines to meet and since I stopped working 50 plus hours a week (to prove a point) I have not met deadlines for the past two months. *I believe they are taking notice now, though I am feeling the heat for sure*

It's Christmas Eve though, and it's *my year* with the kids. I'd rather be chasing and cleaning up after my munchkins and getting them all pumped up for Santa to come tonight. I also have some more shopping to do and presents to wrap as well. Instead, I'm here, completely alone, and wishing I was elsewhere!

I can't complain though because I am getting paid and have a 4 day weekend! AND Santa comes tonight!!!!! YAY!

No comments: